CONGRATS SUE!!!!! You are our athlete of the month!
1. How long have you been CrossFitting and what got you started? I have been CrossFitting for approximately 3 years now. Kari Metzen had been after me to come join her in a class. I finally gave in and have been hooked ever since.
2. What is your favorite WOD/lift/skill? I love anything that has Olympic lifts in it, especially power/ hang cleans, bear complex or push press.
3. What are your CrossFit goals? Immediate/Longterm – My goals change as I go along. Immediate goals are to keep my strength in back squats and get my deadlift over 200 lbs. Longterm goals are to one day be able to do a handstand pushup and walk on my hands. I have no clue why I want to do that.
4. If you weren’t doing CrossFit, you’d be… a couch potato who dreams about being physically fit.
5. Has CrossFit changed your life? How? CrossFit has changed my life in many ways! I am more confident and much, much stronger than I ever dreamed possible. I am more fit than I’ve ever been and find myself setting goals/challenges for myself.
6. Once you see the WOD each day, what’s the first thing you do/think – After I silently say a bad word, I think about how I can get through the WOD efficiently and work it to my strengths. Then I put my head down and just go.
7. What’s something that most people don’t know about you? -I set really high expectations for myself and am really competitive. I’m also the grandmother of 6!
8. What’s your day job? How does CrossFit help you in your job? I work with students with special needs and at times, I need to be able to move quickly. CrossFit has improved my stamina, mobility and flexibility.
9. Why did you choose our studio? I came to class not knowing what to expect and I’ve never looked back. I love the girls, the workouts and the variety. Workouts are individualized and you can’t get that anywhere else.
LOVE your energy in class Sue – You are an AMAZING woman!!!!