CONGRATS & HAPPY BIRTHDAY Michele! You are our Athlete of the Month!!
- When & why did you start CrossFit & what/who brought you to our studio? I started at one of Carole’s boot camps 8 years ago with my dearest friend/co-worker, Renee Terhorst. Exercising to video tapes after work at the office was not working. There was always a reason to stay at our desks and work instead of exercising. We also thought lifting 5 pound weights was awesome.
- What would you tell someone who was thinking about starting CrossFit, but was nervous or scared? The right trainer makes all of the difference. Carole Laney is the best and she teaches you the right way of doing things so you do not get hurt.
- What goals would you like to achieve in the next year? As I get older, my main goal is to stay healthy and strong as possible. Of course I have to keep harassing people. I don’t call it harassing; it is encouraging people – right Leslie!
- What is your favorite WOD/lift/skill? I like doing WOD’s that involve a variety of tasks – lifting, rowing, core, kettle bells, reformer, etc.
- Once you see the WOD each day, what’s the first thing you do/think? I am getting too old for this! I will never make it up the stairs to leave! I always leave feeling better than when I walked in.
- What’s something that most people don’t know about you? Before starting with Carole, I was having back/spine issues and was referred to a surgeon. Luckily after the third appointment of being stood up by the surgeon (last minute emergencies), I never went back. That’s when Carole/Crossfit came into my life and my back/spine issues resolved themselves.
Such a blessing to have Michele in our Fitness Family!!